From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:59:04 -0700
I wonder, was there talk like this back in the 70's when 27MHZ CB was
getting really popular?
The idea of using a unregulated, unlicensed, free for all band as a way to
communicate during emergency situations?
Although, that said, 11M was indeed regulated and licensed back then.

Does anyone remember weather there was a big to do about making CB the next
line for emergency communications in america back then?
73
Colin, V A6BKX