From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 00:40:10 -0500
I'm not Chris, but I've been using GNU/Linux now for six or seven
years. It's great for text web browsing and Email, and just fun...the
GUI, as I say, isn't there yet, and i haven't really been motivated to
play with it much. There are definitely things that it doesn't do as
easily as Windows does for us, and if you want user-friendly, well,
it's not that either. Still, there's a lot to recommend it, esp. for
server applications. And once you get it working the way you want, you
don't have to touch it again, really. (Getting to that state, however,
may be an exercise in frustration...and a lesson in patience.)
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV: Executive In Training!
Independent Watkins Manager #361534

Shop our catalog of over 350 products for your home and health...and
check out our fabulous 2006 Holiday Gift and Entertaining Line!
http://www.tastyshop.net
...And see how a Watkins business can improve your life in our free
Ebook: http://www.tastybiz.com