From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 23:54:57 -0500
Hi John.

I suspect that that might have to do with an increased reliance on MSAA
starting with version 7.0.

Also, I've had some opportunity to script JAWS 7.10, and I find that it
treats new text on the screen quite differently than older versions of JAWS
did, and this seems to be a change in design philosophy that is being
carried forward to version 8.  Unfortunately, I've found some isolated
programs where the change proved fairly detrimental, and required more
extensive scripting than was required with older versions of JAWS.

I'll be curious to see how 8 works with Internet Explorer, as that was my
biggest disappointment with JAWS 7.10.

Anyway, I'll pull down 8.0 and test it thoroughly when I get into work on
Monday.  I stopped buying SMAs on JAWS after version 6.20, as I've
considered abandoning the JAWS license at home and changing to
Window-Eyes.  Or, I may stay with JAWS, but just cease to update it, at
least for as long as I'm continuing to use Windows XP, and I am not
planning to move to Windows Vista for at least a year after it comes out to
give Microsoft some time to find and fix the bugs.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 12:24 PM 11/18/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>I have to wonder the same thing now. I don't think that used to be so much
>the case, but I do wonder if that's the case now. I know some of the
>programs I use I need jaws 6.2 or older because newer versions won't read
>the menus. Since most of that is ham radio related though, I just run 6.2 on
>the radio desk computer and leave it at that. Unfortunately, I'm one that
>likes to have the latest and greatest of everything, but I'm finding more
>and more lately, the latest isn't the greatest anymore.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]