From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2006 10:29:19 -0800
	Well, I finally got around to renewing my sma for jfw on
Thursday after some serious thought.

Anyway, now, the next day version 8.0 is released.

So, I downloaded and installed figuring that the sma should have
been updated in whatever way it's done and that 8.0 would pick
that up when activating over the net.

After the install I got the message that I was authorized to use
an older version of JAWS and neded to activate 8.0 which I then
did.

I was asked for an authorization code which was already entered,
(probably from my 7.1 install, and after reporting that the
activation was completed successfully, I checked under "about
jfw" only to find that it is activated as a 40-minute demo.

Should I have gotten a new authorization when I renewed the sma?
  I did it by telephone, calling the FS sales department.

I can obviously wait until Monday to call them, but I'd really
like to play with it and customize some of the settings.

This really does venture off-topic which really isn't anything
new for this list,  <smile>, but feel free to respond off list if
anyone knows of a way to activate the thing today.

Thanks,

Don  W6SMB