From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:52:41 -0500
Hi.

If they are losing big money after thoroughly trashing the broadcast
industry in the United States then maybe there is justice after all.  It's
for sure that we cannot look to the FCC to look out for the public interest
in that area any longer.

I couldn't say that I would be any more sorry to see the other big
mega-broadcasters brought to their knees.  The quality of broadcasting in
this country was much much better when it was primarily local.

73, de Lou K2LKK (opinionated as always!)

At 04:36 PM 11/16/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Jeff,
>
>Here in Denver, they are reporting that Clear channel has been completely
>bought out by these private investors.  They claim the change over will take
>up to a year because 400 smaller stations have to be sold off as a part of
>the deal.  They also are reporting that the new owners will focus on the top
>100 radio station markets, whatever that means.  I thought they owned 1600
>stations based on an article I read a year ago or so and they had lost 1
>billion dollars at that point in one year.
>
>Phil.

Louis Kim Kline
A.R.S. K2LKK
Home e-mail:  [log in to unmask]