From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 18:03:02 -0700
I would imagine so.
some of the reviews i read on the rig suggest drilling out the pin hole on
the front of the mike in front of the microphone cartridge to improve and
increase audio input.
Cotton isn't your best material anyway, use rubber or cilicone to fill in
the hollow and then it will also help to reduce resonance.  Cotton will
dampen, but will not reduce that resonant ring or hollow sound.
This is true for any hand microphone.
They are not susseptible to a resonant cavity, except negatively.  That is,
you don't need a hollow area behind the microphone element to get full
dynamic range.
Usually there is a hollow area because manufacturers get lazy and don't fill
these areas with plastic or rubber....probably to conserve weight as well.
73
Colin, V A6BKX