From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 07:40:28 -0600
Harvey:
to create a hotkey to restart jaws do this:

find the jaws7 icon on your desktop by pressing the windows key and M or
windows key and D to get to the desktop.
When you find the jaws7 icon, press your applications key, that is the one
usually located to the right of the space bar a couple keys.
Press this key to bring up the context menu and find the properties icon,
press enter on this and you will have a screen pop up that allows you to
enter a hot key.
Use the tab key to get to the hotkey field and it should be defaulted to
"none" simple press the key combination you wish to use and then tab to
apply, and then OK.
This should fire up jaws if you ever lose it or have to restart jaws.

As for your speakers, it sounds like a sound card setting.
You may have to go into the control pannel and sounds and audio devices and
set up the sound card for your particular speakers.
If the sound card on your del is a multi-channel like 6.1 or something, you
may be plugged into the wrong jack.
On surround sound cards, to use the stereo out, its the front left and right
speaker jack you want to plug into.  If you are using wireless, i would
imagine the wireless unit only transmits in stereo and not in surround sound
since you would need multiple channels from your wireless transmitter and
receiver to get accurate reproduction...its likely a stereo signal from the
wireless receiver to the speakers and then incoded into surround sound from
there.
If the wireless transmitter is getting the wrong input from the sound card,
then it will sound very off....you might potentially have it plugged into
the subout jack.
Of course, this is all moot if you only have one speaker jack on your sound
card...in which case, again, go into the control pannel and into sounds and
audio devices to set up for your particular configuration.
regards
COlin