C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2008 11:20:00 -0700
7bit
From:
Susan,

My wife Janet (who also has CP) and I "feel your pain" (figuratively if not
literally). We're both 47.  We've both got arthritis in several areas of our
bodies and degenerative disk disease as well as repetitive strain injuries
in our better hands and arms.

Ken,

You asked once how the Sonocur therapy worked for Janet's arms.  I wish I
could say that it was a great success, but it wasn't.  I'd say she's gtten
about a 10 percent improvement.  The orthopod says it may take up to six
months for the maximum effect to be seen, so we'll hold on a little longer.
By about the end of February, we'll look at nerve conduction studies and
possibly surgery from there.

 I think we need to approach a major university and get them to do a study
on "Aging with CP" or possibly aging with other significant disabilities as
well.  I'd suggest UW (Wyoming), as that's where I work, but we'd need a
more major university that has access to more people.  Maybe we could get
funding from ADD (Administration on Developmental Disabilities) or RSA
(Rehab Services Administration) to fund it.  I'll check it out @
www.grants.gov later today.