Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 21:02:45 -0400
Hi Holly.

Probably the best bet if you can find one is the Kenwood TMV7A.  It
crossbands very easily.  As for the antennas, check out some of the
Jetstream dual band antennas from R&L Electronics.  They should do the job
and won't be as expensive as a Comet or a Diamond antenna.  Do remember
though that at UHF, springing for good coax like 9913 is worth the
investment.  The smaller and cheaper coax is so lossy that you will get
very poor performance on 70 cm unless you keep the lengths fairly
short.  Less than 30 ft. runs shouldn't make very much difference as to
type of coax.

73, de Lou K2LKK

At 08:20 PM 10/2/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm so frustrated now.  I was about ready to order this tm-g707 and
>found out that it does cross band but not cross band repeat and that is
>what we need.  So now I don't know what to do.  Then I was going to get
>a ringo ranger 2 and found out that that won't work for cross-band
>repeat you have to have some sort of dual band antenna.  So I don't know
>what to do.  What kind of rig should I get now?  Can anyone help me out
>here?
>
>Holly
>KE5KRH

Louis Kim Kline