Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2006 14:56:56 -0500
I just wondered if anyone has used that cold solder and whats the concensis of it.  I just ask because i have never used a soldering gun and being 3 ft away from it i am chickenshit, i am imagining this really nasty burn and ..well basically thats what i am wanting to avoid.
anyone used the cold solder and how does it work, or does it?
it would be nice to solder my own cables but not have the marks from it