From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 19:51:49 -0700

Thank you to all of you for your wonderful bd party food suggestions. They
are as follows:

Here is a recipe for good coconut milk ice cream:

2 can's of Thai Kitchen Organic (full fat) coconut milk.  (Check to be sure
it is the kind without soy.  some of them have soy and some don't.  I think
the soy changes the consistency.
Honey to taste.  It will not be a sweet after freezing so adjust. (or use
sugar, etc.)
Fruit like raspberries, mango, etc.  Also GF mint extract GF carob chips, or
other GF candy chips

Freeze in churn or electric ice cream maker (the kind you freeze the drum
first).  This recipe makes about 1/2 creamy gallon.
----------------------------
chips and salsa and favorite toppings
potato chips or crackers with dip or peanut butter
veggies and dip
fruit kabobs, fruit cups or cut up fruit with dip such as marshmallow or
honey
popcorn in decorated bags
sugar free drinks in covered cups with straws
cookies or cake
cinnamon chebe bread or bread sticks
trail mix or "Chex" mix
pizza
pigs in a blanket
pretzles
fruit smoothies
taco bar
ice cream sodas
nuts
jello jigglers
banana bread
meatballs in crockpot
homemade fruit sorbet

We have decided to have the kids make scarecrows and see a movie. We will
serve homemade gf birthday cake, apple cider, pigs in chebe bread blankets,
chips and dip, and orange slices.

Thanks again.

Sue