From:
Elizabeth Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Elizabeth Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 06:35:25 -0700

Dear List,

  Any ideas?

  My husband and I had dinner at my in-law's home last Sunday.  My mother-in-law has gotten pretty good about reading labels and preparing dishes she knows I can have.  I enjoyed a dinner of roasted pork, oven-fried potatoes, green beans and baked apples.  Only after dinner was over and I was questioning (as I should have done prior to eating, I know!) the secret ingredient on the pork roast, did she gasp in horror remembering that my father-in-law had poured a bottle of wheat beer (they own a micro brewery and this comes naturally!).  The pork was moist and delicious!  She was mortified and lost sleep that night wondering what damage she'd caused my intestines.  I, on the other hand, thought that this would be a great experiment as I've never knowingly had gluten in my system in the almost 4-years that I've been gluten-free.  My husband and I left that night on a 4-night camping trip wondering how my gut would react.  However, there never was a reaction - no bloating, no
 gas, no stomach discomfort, no diarhea.  And, now all I can do is wonder why!

  Any comments would be greatly appreciated!

  Colleen