From:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
KATHY BENNETT <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 22:07:24 -0500

First let me thank you all for your replies. It seems there is some
confusion between canneloni, a pasta and cannoli, a pastry. I am only half
Italian and am really not so sure myself. Regardless, here are responses for
"cannoli" the pastry tubes filled with a sweet ricotta cream cheese mixture.

This is a tasty looking cannoli recipe:
The cannoli recipes are at
http://italianfood.about.com/library/weekly/aa020701.htm
Chocolate & espresso in the one listed here, but there are the link to more
traditional beneath that.

This is one I have used that worked well.

       31/2 c flour (use your gf mix one with some corn starch)
       1 tea. salt
       1/2 tea. baking power
       4 tabl. sugar
       2 eggs
       1/2 cup red wine
       4 tabl. marg.or butter
       1/2 teas. cinnamon

       Mix all dry ingredients. Beat the eggs, butter or marg. to which you
add the wine. Mix together to form a ball. Roll into a ball in wax paper,
refrigerate at least hr. roll out to 5 in. squares and deep fry on wooden
stick one at a time until golden brown

If you need the filling recipe I'll pass it on later.

Grace

This Eclair recipe sounds great!

GF Éclairs
1 cup water
½ cup  butter or GF margarine (I use Fleishmann’s unsalted sticks)
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
            1 cup GF Flour made from:
                         ¼ cup Millet flour, ¼ cup sweet rice flour, ½ cup
potato starch
            4 eggs

In saucepan over medium heat, bring water, margerine, sugar, and salt to a
boil.  Add flour all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms.  Remove from
heat; let stand 5 minutes.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each
addition.  Beat until smooth.

Cut a 1/2” hole in the corner of a heavy-duty zip-top bag; add batter and
pipe into 12 strips
onto greased or sprayed baking pan.  Bake 400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Remove to a wire rack.  Immediately cut off top to allow steam to escape;
cool.

Filling

1/3 cup sugar
3 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 ½ cups milk
2 egg yolks
1 Tablespoon butter or GF margarine
1 ½ teaspoon GF vanilla

In saucepan combine cornstarch and sugar.  Gradually add milk until smooth.
Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.  Reduce heat;
cook and stir 2 minutes longer.

Remove from heat.  Stir 1 cup hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan.
  Bring to a gentle boil; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from
heat; stir in margarine and vanilla.

                                        Cool.  Spoon filling into puffs.
Replace tops.

I also had two easy suggestions. One was to fill a gluten free ice cream
cone and the other to make a gluten free pizzelle and form it into a tube
while it is still soft and fill it.

and finally, a website
www.dalucianos.com/gluten-free-menu.cfm

Enjoy!