From:
Dick Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dick Landis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 15:26:36 -0800

When I was diagnosed as a celiac 20 years ago I vomited every time I
ate. it was finally determined that I had strictures in the small bowel
caused by years of using dapsone to control DH. An attempt to get rid of
the strictures with surgery didn't work. They then put me on prednisone,
and that has worked up till now. It still works but I am getting
concerned about the side affects of the prednisone, as I am having some
adverse health issues at this time.

Has any one else experienced strictures in the small bowel, and if so
what was done about them? I recently found a new GI doctor that seems to
know lot about celiac. He did an endoscope last week, and reported that
he saw 3 strictures. I haven't talked to him yet in detail about what he
saw and am anxious to hear what he has to say about them.

My main  question is: has anyone else had these strictures, and what
what was done about them.
Dick in Oregon

*******
*******