Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:54:45 -0500

I sent a message to Bennigan's two weeks ago explaining my bad service/
experience at their DFW Airport Freeway store. Aside from the service
problems, when I asked the Manager if they had a GF menu he laughed and said
they do not make allowances for GF patrons or special diets and he didn't
know what gluten was. I had to beg him to assist me with selections that
might be safe. He laughed at me again and said he didn't know what was in
the food. A second manager came by my table, passing by an section full of
dirty tables, I mentioned my attempt to request GF food and she laughed
nervously walking away from me so as to not have to respond. Luckily I did
not get sick.

I own a busy restaurant and make special allowances for dietary needs.

According to their website they are part of a group of 800 restaurants

http://www.metromediarestaurants.com/  the parent company for Bennigan's,
Ponderosa, and Steak and Ale

http://www.bennigans.com/menu/index.php this is the link to Bennigan's home
page and their stated lip service to dietary accommodation.

We value your comments and suggestions. Please contact our Guest Relations
Department at 800-727-TELL, Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm Central time,
excluding holidays. You may also submit comments using the form below. The
information you provide will be used only to help us serve you better and
will not be sold or shared for any other purpose.

If you are inquiring about nutritional information, please be aware that we
do not currently have that information available. Our restaurants will
certainly do their best to accommodate any special dietary requirements that
you may have. When ordering, please inform your server of your special
requests.

Our mailing address is:
Bennigan's Guest Relations
6500 International Parkway, Ste. 1000
Plano, TX 75093
800-727-TELL

 I waited 2 weeks for a reply from a comment sent to the parent company
before writing this. Dallas, just 25 miles away, is the home office to this
Bennigan's and it was a smoky, dirty bar, where nobody cares.

 My 13 year old son asked me "What is a Bennigan's?" is why we entered in
the first place. I can usually find something to eat even if it is only a
salad. To my surprise they are marketing to families and kids. Their
management was not aware about other restaurants, which have gluten free
options and awareness programs, like Olive Garden and Outback.

Do they care?

Dave Ross