ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:14:53 -0500
Jen and everyone,

I don't want to get "to posty", or would that be "going postal"? I don't
know but I'll keep me posts to a minimum here. I haven't talked to Andy in
a week or so and will be calling him later today. My mom talked to his
fiance, nice girl, and this is the general situation with their family.

I'll try to make this abridged but there is quite a bit going on.

First Andy is coming home today in fact and he is jazzed about that one.
They are meeting with a surgeon in a week or so to work out what happens
from here with his surgical needs and etc. So that is good. The bad thing
is they are in severe financial issues. They are being evicted from their
apartment because Heather, his fiance, isn't able to hold a job with the
trips to the hospital and her own health issues, plus their sons issue
which  I'll tell you about. They had a benefit for him which was put on,
how shall I say here in open internet, ill prepared and questionable end
results, let's put it that way. I expected that they would raise thousands
towards even just the Flight For Life bill of $5000 which general
assistance will not pay, but I understand they received $1200 or so. Now I
believe they are plenty grateful, but my heart just tore in shreds when he
told me that last week. There was a young man in our area who had a
benefit done for him and they raised $37,000 for his medical bills. So you
see my disappointment. I wish I knew of a way to help, but I don't live in
the area there and trying to do something here  in my area would not work
in a big way cause no one knows him from Adam. He has had some pretty good
pain in the shoulder due to arthritis setting in, but I think will be
doing better mentally now that he is out of the facility. They were not
working with him as much as they said they were or would. They doubt he'll
be ever be able to drive again due to part of the brain that was damaged
was in the back of the head which deals with judgements, his long term and
short term memory as well maybe affected. Of course this is barring any
touch from god. They have some family dynamics going on dealing with...
well they were suppose to receive $200 for travel expenses, it was given
to a member of their family and they never passed it on and kept it. That
is infuriating to me, and the person who kept it is the one person  you
ought be able to rely on in life if you read me. so that too has to
potentially do with a low benefit result, no one knows. It was handled
very poorly. I tried to give last minute advice/wisdom to Heather but she
has got too much on her plate. She herself has been pretty much diagnosed
with Krons Disease, an intestinal disease for which there is no supposed
cure. Although I have a book for her by a Christian dietitian who beat
that wrap through faith and diet. The Maker's Diet, you may have heard me
say something about it before. On top of that their son who had a surgical
op to  correct  a lack of a soft spot as an infant, needs to go in again
as they nicked a nerve which controls the eye movement and has a lazy eye.
Probably not a super high risk surgery but an op nonetheless and I'm not
sure the overall risk really. I'll find out more hopefully today. So they
need prayer for health, finances, direction how to handle all the
challenges they have before them. Thanks for your continued prayer. I'll
update yawl as  things progress. Overall though Andy sounds pretty good
although I know he was having some depression but hopefully he is patient
and looks at things positively.

Brad