From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 08:28:50 -0700

  DECEMBER EVENT - ROCK MEETING DECEMBER 9th, 2006
  Potomac Branch Library (Prince William County)

  COOKIES, CANDIES & GF HOLIDAY TREATS!

  Date:                  Saturday, December 9th, 2006
  Time:                   3:00-4:00 pm
  Location:        Potomac Branch Public Library Meeting Room
  Address:        2201 Opitz Blvd, Woodbridge, VA  22191
  Telephone:     703-494-8126 (direct number to  library)
  RSVP:  to Melonie Katz (703) 445-8306 or [log in to unmask] by Dec. 5th.

    ·         Please bring your kids and join us for a holiday cookie exchange.   Let’s make food FUN!
  ·         How does it work?  Each family should bring 1 package (or 1 dozen homemade) GF cookies, candies, or holiday treats.  You should bring 1 GF package (or 1 dozen homemade items) per child.  We will share all the items & send each child home with an assortment of GF holiday treats to enjoy.
  ·        If you bring homemade GF treats, please bring at least 10 copies of the recipe to share.

          We will also be discussing the possibility of a ROCK fundraiser in which we can sell tubs of GF ready-to-bake cookie dough.  If your child hasn’t been able to participate in a cookie dough fundraiser because of gluten…. Well then move over gluten!  We’ve got 4 flavor varieties of GF tubs of cookie dough just waiting for our kids.  I may just have to order at least 5 or 6 myself.  These would be great for families, neighbors and friends to buy and have on hand for our GF kids

  Real Cookies are pre-shaped refrigerated gluten-free cookie dough that you bake at home in minutes! Other gluten-free food manufacturers make the claim but Real Cookies are the real thing! Real Cookies taste and look exactly like, well, real cookies! Finally, a gluten-free cookie that doesn’t taste ‘gluten-free’!   Flavors:   Chocolate Monty Python, Chip Chip Hooray, Peanut Envy, Peanut, Paul & Mary

          Directions to Potomac Community Library

  Southbound on I-95:
  Take Exit #156, Dale City/Rippon Landing. Stay to the far right lane on the exit ramp and follow the signs to "Potomac Mills." Turn right at stop sign onto Potomac Mills Road. Turn right onto Gideon Drive at first traffic light. Turn right onto Smoketown Road at the next block. Proceed about 1 mile. Smoketown Road becomes Opitz Boulevard. The library is on your right.

  Northbound on I-95:
  Take Exit #156. (Follow the signs for Potomac Mills Mall.) This will put you on Dale Boulevard. Turn right at the first traffic light onto Gideon Drive. Turn right onto Smoketown Road. Proceed about 1 mile. Smoketown Road becomes Opitz Boulevard. The library is on your right.

  From West - I-66:
  Take Manassas Exit #47 off I-66. Go about 3.5 miles on Route 234 South (Sudley Road) through Manassas. Turn left onto Centreville Road (Route 28) for about .5 mile. Turn right onto Liberia Avenue for 4 miles.
  Turn left onto the Prince William Parkway and proceed about 11 miles. (Warning: after about 7.5 miles, the Parkway will make a sharp right. DO NOT continue straight onto Old Bridge Road.) Turn right onto Smoketown Road which becomes Opitz Boulevard. Proceed 2 miles to the library on your right.

  As always, membership to ROCK is absolutely free and we welcome families
  who have kids with Celiac Disease and/or follow a gluten-free diet