From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:33:13 -0500
On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:59:18 -0500, William <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 14:30:22 -0400, Robert Kesterson
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Fruit is definitely paleo (at least during some seasons),
>
> Most modern fruit is bred for sweetness and size, not paleo.

All food on the modern table has been bred for centuries to produce the
most return for the least investment.  That includes meat, eggs, veggies,
fruits, etc.  Few of them bear any resemblance to their wild forefathers.
Unless you're hunting wild game and gathering wild plants, you're not
going to eat a true paleo diet.

> "all carbs are evil" is what I call purple prose, and I like it.

:-)

> Successful healing diets such as Donaldson's "Strong Medicine"
> completely eliminate carbs. This should tell us something.

It tells me that carb elimination is a good thing in those specific
cases.  It doesn't necessarily tell me that all carbs are evil, to all
people, all the time.  Your body *will* get some carbs, even if it has to
manufacture them out of protein.

--
   Robert Kesterson