NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:04:46 -0700
You say "you have been told"...you mean by a doc in light of your casein intolerance? I ask because I have a child on a gluten free caseon free diet, and I would LOVE it if he could use/tolerate this WHEY too. Pls post info as you get it, or send direct to [log in to unmask] Thank a bunch!!

Jent Lynne <[log in to unmask]> wrote:  I have a problem with casein, but have been told I can use whey protein as
long as it is "100% hydrolyzed whey protein". I've tried it, and haven't had
any problems so far.

Can someone point me toward more information on hydrolyzed whey, and maybe
even sources of getting it in a "100%" version (lots of products have it mixed
in with other types of whey that would cause a reaction -- obviously I need
just the 100% kind).

Thanks!

Jent

"The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education." -Albert Einstein