C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kendall David Corbett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:00:39 -0600
Kat,

I use a power chair now, but used a manual for 25 years.  The last was a
Quickie 2HP, and I still use it from time to time when traveling to
friends and relatives with inaccessible houses (it's a lot easier to
haul a 35 pound manual chair up a flight of stairs than a 250 pound
power chair).  Mine has a one-arm drive attachment that adds between
five and seven pounds, so you could probably get away for less than 30
pounds.  Every time I've tried out a new chair (manual or power) I've
been able to "test drive" it or the same model, and then order one with
the necessary (or desired) options.

Kendall

-George Bernard Shaw 1856-1950