C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:37:40 +0800
Get in touch with her local advocacy group - esp if there is one for
women with disabilities.  Also, contact (several if possible - more
chance of getting one that has dealt with pwd's) the local domestic
violence service.  Her husband is clearly trying to isolate her from
support and help - a classic abusive tactic, dangerous for anyone, extra
dangerous for someone with a disability.  It may sound harsh, but her
family *needs* to find out what to do, they've got no excuse not to,
this woman is clearly at risk and needs help to get away from her husband.

Rayna