From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:54:51 -0500
Hi;
I've never owned a 480 but one thing that might give you a very general
unscientific idea as to whether there is a problem might be to use the radio
for an hour or so on ssb only no cw.  If you are only putting out 35 watts I
wouldn't expect much heat, no cooling fans running etc.  If, however, you
are indeed getting significantly more you may see some general idea.
I also wonder if there is any type of alc adjustment or possibly a tuner
setting that could cut back the output?
We all will be curious to know what you find.
Richard