From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2006 22:57:08 -0400
I actually in price shopping, find that I can build a computer just the way
I want it, for about half what it would cost me to have 1 of those companies
do it. Of course, I go crazy, I have a TV tuner card in this thing, a second
sound card other than the on board one, a sound blaster XVI is what I added,
2 CD drives, 2 HD's, lot of expandability, and a few other goodies. Even my
ham radio desk computer I built with a minimal setup, just pretty much for
logging, packet, and my echolink simplex link wound up on that one and that
is pretty much the same as you could buy for cheap in a store and I didn't
spend $200 on the parts, including the serial card. Either you're getting 1
great deal, or I am. I'm not sure which. My laptops are store bought,
usually from Gateway. I'm hoping this computer I am on now though, the one
with everything in it, will last me a long time. I'll upgrade it I'm sure a
couple times but I'm sick of new computers every 2 or 3 years because I
outgrew what I had and couldn't upgrade for a reasonable price. This will
fit the bill just fine.