From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 18:00:09 -0600
I believe walt said the largest ham market, not the largest number of
licensed amateurs per capita.
The US tends to be one of the largest consumer markets on the planet for
everything.
When we look at it from a consumer point of view, the US is indeed the
larger market, however, when it is looked at from how many licensed amateurs
there are per 1000 people, Japan definitely is number one.
I believe it is something like 1 in 90 people have an amateur license in
japan, compared to the US's approximately 1 in 400....given actual
population differences, im not sure if there are indeed more literal
individuals licensed in Japan or if its just more per capita.
There was a study done recently that showed the hams per capita in each
country around the world...probably availible on the ARRL or QRZ websites.
73
Colin, V A6BKX