From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Apr 2008 07:59:31 -0500
Turn off the computer and unplug it from the wall.

After grounding yourself by touching the computer case, carefully take the old card out, trying not to touch anything inside the
case except the card and the screw that holds it in place.

Then, put the new card in and restart the computer.  The computer should come up and have an image using the default Windows graphic
drivers.

Use the disk that came with the new card to install the new drivers for the card and to make the new graphics settings (right-click
on a blank part of the screen).

If this does not work, please explain to us in more detail what you mean by "when I try to update it the update won't take."  This
is not clear.  If you mean that the new drivers won't install, then, possibly, you'll have to uninstall the old drivers first.

HTH

Dean Kukral