C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 07:41:16 -0800
Domestic abusers always try to isolate the victim. In many states the
victim does not have to testify in order to get the abuser locked up.
Can the attendant report to the police or can a doctor intervene.
Unfortunately with the backsliding on womens issues the Supreme Court
is going to decide whether or not 911 tapes can be used in these
cases when victims are afraid to testify. These tapes are
successfully used to put these guys in the slam or at the least to
get them anger management classes.
If your aide has seen any domestic violence or been told about it
possibly he/she can report it to the authorities. These laws vary
state by state. I am not an attorney and cannot give legal advice but
it seems to me dismissing the aide is a violation of civil rights and
possibly the disability act. There are attorney groups on the net who
answer questions for free. Maybe send this to one of those. Don't
know. This is tough.