From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Mar 2007 15:12:44 -0700
Andy:
Sometime ago, there was an extensive thread regarding the mcount cw read out
device that could be interfaced with any VFO circuit or BFO circuit.
The folks who designed the mcount, not MFJ, used it to interface to the
MFJ209, which is an analogue antenna analyzer with an output jack for an
external frequency counter.
They hook up the Mcount to the frequency counter output of the analyzer, and
the device reads out the resonant frequency when it is reached.  Another
small modification is a tone device which you can use to find the aproximate
resonant frequency by nulling the tone out and then reading that frequency
with the Mcount.
Very similar to the LDG tw1 and 2, where you use a tone to find the lowest
SWR or highest power.
On the MFJ 209, the resonant frequency is found by turning a knob until the
meter shows a flat swr.  You have to manually select the band or frequency
range.  Most modern meters made by MFJ have digital meters that show the
resonant frequency automatically, thus making it difficult to use an
outboard analogue frequency counter like the Mcount.
The tone circuit that is added to the 209 allows you to find the resonant
frequency with the knob, the spot where the tone disappears,  and then read
it with the mcount via CW.

Apparently it will work with other MFJ analyzers, but the interface is more
complex since most do not have direct outputs for external freq counters.
The 209 has an RCA jack on it for an external counter.
So, the long answer to your question is, I have no idea.  Unless the
European version of the MFJ209 is the MFJ993B.
If you have some method of tapping the BFO on a device, then you can use the
mcount to read the frequency.
73
Colin, V A6BKX