Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2007 12:44:29 -0500
Listers,

There was discussion about weather sealing coaxial connectors.  I am in the
process of putting up a new antenna.  I discovered at my local Radio Shack,
which is a corporate store, that they haven't carried that stuff since the end
of 2004.  There is a splicing kit that you can buy which has some sealing Gell,
but I think I'll have to seal with silicon bathtub compound around the
connector.

I remember years ago having some goop that came in a can.  Think I picked it up
at Dayton.  Don't know what it was called, but it sure worked.

Any ideas?

Steve, K8SP