From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 11:21:19 -0700
its not necesarily proprietary, since the sort of cable and converter that
is used is a common type.
There is an rs232 converter built into the cable, and they are availible for
around $35.
The end that plugs into the radio is a din connecter, similar to a ps2
keyboard type connecter.  the other end plugs into the serial port on the
PC.
They can be built for substantially less then $35, but you would likely need
assistance putting together the small board with the converter chips on it.
73
Colin, V A6BKX