From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:48:03 -0500
Hi, again, everyone.

I have discovered an interesting little quirk with my Dell Lattitude 610
laptop that my University purchased for me last year.  On this laptop, I use
Jaws 7.0, and the operating system is Windows XP Pro.

I have noticed that the caps lock key doesn't always go into "caps lock"
with the first push of the key.

In fact, it seems to do so on about every other tap.

Does this have something to do with the fact that we use the capslock key on
a laptop with Jaws to toggle between the Jaws and PC cursors, and to toggle
between jaws to PC, and PC to Jaws?

The toggling functions seem to work very well with just one push of the caps
lock key, but I have to hit it at least one more time to get the caps lock
itself to engage.

I have had absolutely no other problems with any of the other keys on the
key-board, which is what is making me believe that this has something to do
with the dual functionality of the capslock key when using Jaws.

Thanks for any thoughts anyone  can give on this.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ