From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Dec 2006 20:22:46 -0600
If you will read your history, you will see how wrong you are.  It is
the ability to sacrifice, and demand excellence of self and others
that has vaulted every successful civilization that has become a
world leader.  Every civilization that became soft, turned away from
it's demanding standards, and valued it's privileges more than the
effort that it took to achieve them that has fallen.
We boomers are nothing when compared to our parents.  They were
hardened by the depression, saved the world from barbarism, and then
built the most prosperous civilizations that the world has ever
known.  They did that while feeding and rebuilding  much of Europe
and Asia. That greatest generation mostly came from The United
States, Canada, and Australia.
It's the effort, discipline, and reward for work that sets ham radio
apart. If you want something for nothing, that is what your telephone is for.
If blood, sweat, toil, and tears make you a better person, that is
what ham radio is for.