From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 16:27:54 -0800
Hi Phil,

One other thing might be that the cable system is leaking as well.
Your friends might want to check out receive on the 2 meter band to
see if they're getting any interferrence from the cable system.

This could vary, but my experience is that if shielding or whatever
is bad in the cable system you can hear some very strong signals in
the frequency range around 145 to 145.5 MHz.

But, it might be worth checking out the entire 2 meter band to see
if leakage from the cable system is interferring with 2 meter
reception.

I had a problem when I lived in the bay area where I was causing
some interference to people using cable and I found I also had some
really bad cable interferrence around 145.25 or so.  I finally got
the cable company to fix the leakage problem after reporting them
to the FCC, and then my interferrence to the system also
miraculously disappeared.

Don W6SMB

On 12/7/2006 at 5:08 PM Phil Scovell wrote:

>I have some friends living in an apartment complex.  Three hams in
that
>building are very active on 2 meters.  Several people in the
building have
>complained they are hearing them on channel 18 and I assume that
is cable
>channel eighteen.  they all cranked their radios down to 2.5 watts
but the
>building management has threatened to evict them if they transmit
any
>longer.  Yes, they have made all sorts of calls to the FCC and
ARRL and