From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 12:56:08 -0700
i think the 2.5 inch full color vidio display has alot to do with why sited
people like the radio.
My friend that just bought an IC-7000 last month was stuck between the 7000,
FT897  and the ts2000.  The reason he eventually bought the ic7000 was
because of the great display and small size.
Unfortunately, you can't monitor 2 bands at once on the 7000 and it has no
cross band repeater options or tuner.
The detachable head is well designed though with both microphone jack and
headphone/extention speaker  jack on the face plate itself.
73
colin, V A6BKX