From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 13:47:55 -0500
Hi Lou;
No matter what I settle on, the tilt over ground mound is looking better and
better.  Fortunately when the r8 died the tripod wasn't damaged.  Might have
to resurrect an old beam.  This would all be easier and much more fun if I
could the antenna together myself.  Nothing quite as annoying as looking at
antenna in a box for six months.
I tried butternuts little mini-beam a number of years when antenna help was
more plentiful.  It wasn't easy to tune on 20 but it did work.  The bigger
challenge is 40 and 80 meters.
Rich