From:
Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:08:30 -0500
Hi everyone, I have a  questioni about the Uniden BC396T scanner.  On
another list someone came on who is legally blind and is considering the
purchase of a scanner that does digital and trunktracks as he lives in an
area with an APCO-25 trunked system that is not encrypted, and he is
looking into the Pro-96, but then someone suggested the BCD396T scanner.
I asked about programming and this person then said that it is different
from other scanners and is flash upgradeable when upgrades come to  things.
I'm just curious if anyone has used one with no  vision, and how well does
the software work with JAWS, and how easy is it to program?