From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:44:49 -0400
Had a couple of different 5btv/5band trap vertacles,   vertacles which were
simply the antenna u bolted onto a pipe in the ground that worked pretty
well even on 80meters!  You set it up on the ground before you actually
stick it up in the air, It wasn't perfect, but it was comparitively cheap
and easy to assemble especially with either some sighted help or a good
audio noise bridge and or swr meter.  I figure that's something worth a try.
Also, the hamstick dipole idea's not bad, takes two sticks per band with the
adapter in the middle, and for that matter, if the house's not all metal
outside or roof wise, maybe even a single hamstick per band on a good magnet
or tripod mount inside the house, or if you can open a window to change a
single stick mounted outside, maybe that'd work.  but the 5btv system did
pretty well and simply for me without any strung out radials.  Hope you the
best in your endeavours, and very sorry about your "tree mendous loss."
Danny.