From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2006 11:02:41 -0400
Keith,

I know Heil has a number of different models, but  can only comment on the
Gold Line that came as part of a promotion when I got my TS-2000  5 years
ago.  I know a lot of people on this list have, or have had one of these
mics.

It's a tapered mic,  kind of what you would see someone on stage holding in
their hand.  Heil supplies a base.  It's heavy round metal with a  extension
that comes up a few inches and a clamp that  holds the mic and allows for
movement.  I prefer  having the mic up in my face, so I home brewed a  boom
for it.  Heil sells a boom and I think other booms for this type of tapered
mic would work just fine.

The mic itself is about 8 inches or 200 mm long.  Perhaps 1 1/2 inches
across at the top, with a large foam windscreen that makes it appear a bit
larger.  Bottom tapers to accept  the xlr connector on the end of the cable.
This connector snaps in securely and won't pop out  during use.  Cable is
quite long at about 6 feet.  At the radio end of the cable is a 1/4 inch
jack to allow you to plug in a foot switch.

The mic has a ptt button and since it is a dual element mic, has a small
toggle switch to select between  elements.

Been pleased with mine, seems well made and have had no problems  with a lot
of use in 5 years.  Also great audio reports  while using the  wide element.

73 Steve KW3A