From:
don bishop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 17:24:53 -0700
Not only do they broadcast the same crap over hundreds of stations, but the coverage areas often overlap with stations broadcasting the same
programming and only 50 or so miles appart.

Talk about a waste of spectrum!

Don  W6SMB

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:20:54 -0400, Steve Dresser wrote:

On Monday 9/18/06 15:49 Jeff Kenyon wrote:
>That's another thing that is gone not many stations simulcast AM/FM
>any more either.
Jeff, I believe that became standard practice after a law was passed
in the late 60s.  The thinking was that simulcasting was a waste of
spectrum space.  Of course, now we waste even more spectrum by
broadcasting the same syndicated crap on hundreds of AM stations
around the country.

Steve

http://www.eset.com