Walt Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:32:20 -0400
Sounds like you and I may have the same Marantz, Butch. Does yours require
the RIAA disks? Mine does have standard line in and out as well as optical.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Butch Bussen" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, September 18, 2006 4:04 PM
Subject: Re: BJS XM Radio needs our help

I don't know what is available these days,  I have a couple Philips home
units and a commercial unit.  The later stuff I've seen are dual decks,
and you can only copy from one to another, and of course, must use special
blanks.  The older units had line in and line out just like any recorder.
Many also had digital in and out.  You could copy from anything, lp, tape,
or whatever.  As I said, I haven't kept up on the market to know what is
out there these days.  Way way back when, I paid around $400 for my
Philips, and around $700 for my Morantz.  I'd love to have one of the new
Morantz ones.  From what I've read, they will do mp3s and everything.
Around a grand though.
73s
Butch Bussen