From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 14:08:04 -0600
we have ARES courses that our local group tries to get all members of ARES
to take.
They are free, usually 1 or 2 day courses that go over everything from
emergency communications net control, to how to talk on the radio, to how to
deal with government/civil agencies and third parties involved in relief
activities.
We have multiple disaster senarios that we go over and are given questions
and asked to problem solve with all of them.
Its really quite well put together.
The leader of our ARES group has worked extensively with local relief
agencies and had many of their head staff become amateurs.
73
Colin, V A6BKX