From:
Richard Fiorello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 21:10:16 -0400
Only had my ticket for 33 years so I guess I am a newcomer.  The one radio
that would still be fun to own other than maintenance is a collins kwm2.
I attended a school for the blind in Batavia NY and apparently the piano
tuning instructor would get the kids started on a project and then fire up
the kwm2 and 30l1 for a mid-class qso or two.  Understand this wasn't a
class project, he just took the opportunity to chat with his friends.
Unfortunately the school never had any type of ham club and to my knowledge
none of the students got much hands on with the receiver.
Rich