Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kenneth Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 09:13:50 -0500
Tom, have a look at the properties of the com port in the device manager.
Make sure it is indeed set to com 1 and there are no conflicts with other
ports. Verify it is working.  Check the advanced properties and look for
anything that doesn't look right.  I think the baud rate should be set to
9600, N, 8, 1 but you shouldn't have to set this because I think the Kenwood
software does this for you,  But it's worth a try.  Try different
handshaking.  I would give you my settings but I haven't used the software
in a couple of years and don't even have it installed on this pc.

Also, try just reading from the radio, can you download the memory into the
program?

It sounds like you have everything set up right but serial communications
can be tricky and sometimes takes some tweaking.

73, Ken -N5SWR