Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 07:57:26 -0700
Adding more to this "off topic" post, <smile>   ipconfig works.  In fact,
if you want to see more numbers than you wanted, try ipconfig /all

Anyhow, this will only give you the address of your router such as
192.168.1.100, or whatever.  Also, the address of your computer, depends
on how your router is set, and if you're doing port forwarding, should be
static.  I have mi assigned ones below 100, the router at 100, and the
automatic ones start at 101.  Also, when doing this stuff, be sure your
subnet mask is the same.

To me, all of this is part of ham radio.  Much of what I have learned over
the years has been from a ham friend teaching me what he knows, or reading
something out of a book to me.  Way back when, in 1983, I got an apple 2
e, and wanted to learn programming.  A friend of mine in Nebraska started
giving me little programs each night.  I'd type them in and then make
changes so I could understand what made things happen.  I rreally don't
see how you can separate the hobbies these days.  I use a computer for i r
l p, we use computers to get on this list, we use computers to program our
radios and on and on we go.

73s
Butch Bussen
wa0vjr