Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 09:43:25 -0600

Dear Celiac Listserv,

I received 17 responses on the question regarding good cities to live in for Celiac or Gluten Intolerant People.
Here are the results:

I had 17 responders.

The were no cities that were stated to be great for across the board services (food, support groups, medical awareness and sensitivity.)

Baltimore was noted for current Research.
New York City in general, and specifically Columbia-Presbyterian.
Some thought the Portland and Seattle area were gluten sensitivity "friendly."
Phoenix was noted for number of GF restaurants.
Cincinnati for good support groups.
Dallas because of Ken Fine.
Philadelphia for GF bakeries.

Other than the above, no one really seemed to think any one city in particular was Great for Celiac Support.

Perhaps still too new to be Great.

Let's keep posting our experiences, and try to see if we can encourage some of these cities to develop centers specific to Celiac or Gluten Intolerant people, for total lifestyle/medical needs.

Again, many of you agree that as we grow older, need more assisted care, nursing homes, or hospital care, we will really need a center that is able to be GF.

Denise