THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Shomon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 09:59:15 -0400
Mary Ann Parks wrote:
> I had a relative who bought a bottle of 1000 pills...<snip>...though "they" say that ....pills don't age, we know different...<snip>"

I'm on Thyrolar, the synthetic version of Armour, and interestingly
enough, my pharmacist said to me a few weeks ago, the last time I picked
up a prescription, "Hey, this is weird, but we got a new notice from the
manufacturer that this should be kept refrigerated!" It had never been
that way before, but all of a sudden, the manufacturer said for the
pharmacy and the patient to store it in the refrigerator. For several
years I've taken this drug and kept it in the medicine cabinet. I wonder
if a similar recommendation is imminent -- or even just wise -- for
Armour too?

Mary