THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
KERRYKELLY <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 23:51:25 -0400
hi!  my name is kerry and i am new to the list.  i have been reading
every post and have many questions.  first i would like to give you my
history.  i am a 30 yr. old female, diagnosed in the early - mid part of
'94 with graves' disease.  due to the severity of it and the speed at
which it progressed, i had to have a total thyroidectomy in july '94.  i
have been taking synthroid ever since.  (i have been on .125 for well
over a year.)

i also have the symptoms that i have seen on this list.  i am shaking
right now from being so cold.  i am having severe memory problems that
are starting to intefere with my job.  i also have the dry skin, coarse
hair, deep scratchy voice, etc.  about the only problem i don't have is
weight gain.  yet my labs keep coming back within the "normal" range -
even leaning toward the hyperactive side - if you can believe it!  they
wanted to lower my dosage!!!  i refused, but am taking my most recent
labs to my endocrinologist to see what she thinks.

my questions are:  what is wilson's syndrome?  how do you know if you
need a supplement to synthroid, or if it just isn't going to work for
you.  i seriously doubt that they are going to increase the dose (which
i feel i need) since i have been complaining for almost the whole time
that i have been on this current dose.

has anyone else experienced memory problems so severe that you literally
forget to take your medicine?  for a while, it was so bad i counted
pills on a daily basis - only to realize that i couldn't remember how
many should be left.

of course i have also been placed on antidepressants (which i no longer
take)  and told it was depression.  if it is, it's from feeling like
this for so long!!!

feel free to e-mail me privately if necessary.  i am planning to go to
the endocrinologist armed with info from this list and want to thank
everyone for their input to this valuable forum which i am learning so
much from.

my best to all,
kerry