THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Erin A. O'Neill" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 5 Apr 1997 21:23:06 -0800
I haven't seen anyone mention the reaction I got to Synthroid when I
first went on it.  The first 3 days were complete heaven -- all of my
friends commented on my return to normal.  It was amazing I could eat
what I wanted & I went out & had fun.  Then I came crashing down & felt
like I was on LSD for the next 8 weeks.  Friends of mine wanted to know
if I was on LSD or Ecstasy or some psychedelic drug.  I was on the lowest
dosse of synthroid.  I did call up my doctor & tell him about this weird
syptom.  He told me to stay inside & it would pass (I was on disability
at the time).  I had severe mood swings.  I had migrains & heavy periods
& then one day I woke up & that drug like feeling was gone.  I stayed on
synthroid for about a year.  I'm now on Armour.  (I was on a combo
cytemel & synthroid prior to going on the armour).  I'm also on dhea.

Most ppl notice that I no longer talk in a monotone (the T3 helped change
that).  I am able to work again tho I'm still tired, & still have a
number of other symptoms.  My new endo told me that it looks like I also
have a serious & long term sinus infection & I should go to someone to
get treatment for that.  My acupuncturist is treating me for that & my
glands have gone down a bit.

Oh my acupuncturist also has me on coloidal silver which helps with my
immune system & thus I did NOT get the flu or a cold all winter long!!!

erin
      -+-+- erin -+-+- [log in to unmask] -+-+- femmedude -+-+-
 +-+- http://playskewl.factory.net/people/erin/index.html -+-+