THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Brandi Jasmine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 12:59:54 -0400
At 08:43 AM 7/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>S.B. Gleason said:
>>wouldn't it be wonderful if this overused cliche WOULD work?
>
>Man, isn't that the everlovin'.  The best way in the world to gain
>weight is by dieting.  Exercise is good for increasing endurance, but
>considering you have to walk 1/4 mile just to burn off the calories from
>a single piece of bread, it does almost nothing for weight.

So where does this persistant mythology COME from?  It makes sense to me
from personal experience (I starved for 2 weeks due to the flu and gained
weight, I cut out all alcohol, fried food and started an active new job and
stayed the same).  Yet you still have these fitness gurus selling us this
bill of goods.

Brandi