ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Oct 2006 22:10:33 -0600
For those who have no idea what I am talking about, arena football is played
inside arenas.  That makes sense, right?  Anyhow, it is a 50 yard field
instead of a 100 yard field as in pro football.  Arena football is hard
hitting, fast, played with the fans sitting right down on the out of bounds
walls, and the fans can even reach over the wall and knock a pass away and
that is legal.  No fooling.  Plus, the scores run normally well over 50
points for both teams, if they are good, and many times run up into the low
seventies, and the rules, or many of the rules, are very different than big
football.  One cool thing about arena football is the timing.  Timing is
absolutely everything in arena football.  In fact, 9 out of 10 games are won
in the last 1 minute of the game.  So no bathroom breaks are allowed in the
last two or three minutes of an arena game or you'll miss who won and how.
The players are just as big, just as tough, and are often guys who didn't
get picked for the pro teams or have been traded and didn't like the trade
so went to arena football instead.  If you think the guys are tough in the
pro football games, you should watch an arena game.  It is about like pro
boxing, which I hate, but they play rough in arena games and really pound
away at each other as they run the plays.  I don't mean they literally hit
each other, it is just like pro football, but these guys slam into each
other like a freight train and a cement truck because due to the shorter
field, they know they don't get a second chance.  So, in many respects, I
like them better than the pro games.

Phil.