ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheila Killian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:28:44 -0700
Okay. Let me try to give an analogy regarding this discussion on
intercessory prayer.
If I call a friend or send a message to the Echurch list and ask for others
to pray with me about a particular situation, I am in no way praying to that
friend or to anyone on this list. I amasking another person to pray with and
for me directly to our Lord Jesus on my behalf.
Clearly, I cannot pick up the phone, or write an email message to the souls
in heaven: friends or family who have since passed on, the Virgin Mary, or
the angels and saints,   so I must instead ask them by means of a prayer
request for them to pray with and for me directly to our Lord Jesus on my
behalf. It is our Lord who answers prayers and performs miracles! My prayer
requessts go directly to the Lord our God. I am simply asking another to
pray with and for me. No more and no less. I hope this helps toclarify
things .
Sheila and Vinnie

let all be harmonious, sympathetic, brotherly, kindhearted, and humble in
spirit; not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving
a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might
inherit a blessing." (I Peter 3: 7-9)
-----